-
February 21st, 2002, 03:22 PM
#1
Inactive Member
2/21/1982
Corpus Christi, TX, I attended my first concert, OZZY/UFO, I was 15 years old. Two buddies and myself caught a ride with my buds older sister to C.C., we lived in a small town about an hour away from the show. I remember feeling nervous, excited, and like a bad ass! ha! The show was general admission, so we could wander around the concert hall, which was cool, I didn't drink beer or smoke weed, yet, but I still had a great time, FUCK! It was loud! I remember that, clear as a bell. Man, and when Ozzy and his band hit the stage, I was in heaven, and having the time of my life! oh, and the next day at school cruisin' down the hall in my concert t-shirt, was the shit as well! man, talk about being king for a day! lol! Anyway, here's to Marty, Johnny, Becky, and Ozzy, love ya'll.
ps-I remember the date of the show, because it's also my cousins birthday, out.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 21, 2002 04:41 PM: Message edited by: tomasmk2 ]</font>
-
February 21st, 2002, 03:25 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Bet Ozzy doesn't remember the date.
Or the 80s, come to think.
-
February 21st, 2002, 03:28 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Kick ass tomas. My 20 year 1st concert anny is comming up in 2 years (VH). Just a couple of grizzled old SoTex rockers I guess. Thanks for making me feel like a dinosaur!
-
February 21st, 2002, 03:30 PM
#4
Fucking Dick!
Seen Ozzie a couple of times, once solo and more recently with Black Sabbath reunion tour. Met him backstage at the solo show (mid 90's) and he was like a zombie, very strange. Had a guy leading him around, what to do, where to go kind of stuff. Anyway, enjoyed him both times.
-
February 21st, 2002, 03:32 PM
#5
Inactive Member
-
February 21st, 2002, 07:27 PM
#6
Inactive Member
My first concert was the Beatles at Balboa Park in.....I think.....1964.
Then I saw the Beach Boys at the Swing in San Berdoo, Rod Stewart at the same place and finally the US concert in San Berdoo, where Van Halen was the opening act for Santana. Since then I have only seen Van Halen in concert......and Barney once.
-
February 21st, 2002, 07:47 PM
#7
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by IRIE LAGOS:
taking me as a 5th grader to see KISS....
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did the same for my daughter with the KISS reunion. Same age too. Hope she repays the favor and someday takes her kids to go see a great concert.
-
February 21st, 2002, 09:29 PM
#8
Inactive Member
ELO - Out of the Blue Tour- 1978.
My older sister took me and a buddy.
-
February 21st, 2002, 11:00 PM
#9
Inactive Member
20 years ago? 2002 minus 20= 1982? Might have been Zappa at the Paramount Theatre or maybe at the Seattle Center Colusiem....
damn should have wrote this shit down.......
Actually........30 years ago saw REO Speedwagon at a little place in Waterloo Iowa......
WAR .....uh.....? what?
-
February 22nd, 2002, 02:41 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Sweet memories, ya'll!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks